Homeopathy is a scientifically based way of approaching health and disease that relies on natural remedies and has been used since the 1700s. You can learn more about the history of homeopathy here. While some believe homeopathy is the only way, others don’t understand its methods. Today, let’s look at the pros and cons of homeopathy so you can decide for yourself if homeopathic medicine is right for you and your family.
- Homeopathic medicines use all natural ingredients. While conventional medicines rely on man-made chemicals and formulas, homeopathic medicine uses ingredients from nature—combined and diluted to help treat your symptoms.
- Homeopathic formulas are not addictive.Natural ingredients like minerals, plant, and animal products are diluted so that the homeopathic formula, though still potent, has no addictive traits.
- Homeopathic formulas have virtually no side effects.Unlike the chemicals in modern medicines, homeopathic formulas won’t cause side effects that can make you worse off than before you took the medicine! The only potential side effects that come with homeopathic formulas are the detox effect that can happen with certain formulas when they’re first used. But with plenty of water, your body will detox quickly and the symptoms of detoxification will go away.
- Homeopathic formulas are affordable.Let’s be honest: medicine has become outrageously expensive. Even the prices on over-the-counter medicines seem to be rising. Depending on what you take and what you’re trying to treat—you may find yourself paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars a month for medicines. Homeopathic formulas are more affordable—gentler on your body and on your wallet.
- Homeopathy looks to treat the root cause of the disease. While some medicines just mask your symptoms, homeopathic formulas target the root cause—attempting to aid the body in the healing process.
- Homeopathic formulas can take longer to work. Many homeopathic medicines start working right away but you won’t feel that they are working for days, weeks, or longer. This is one of the biggest obstacles for people trying homeopathic remedies. It requires patience to let the formula get into your system and do what it is supposed to do.
- Homeopathic effectiveness varies. Another challenge with homeopathy is that every body will respond differently. Some may experience tremendous effectiveness with one formula or a combination of formulas, while others don’t see the same results. Working with a functional doctor or homeopathic provider can help you find the best formulas and combination of formulas for your ailments.
- Not all homeopathic formulas are created equally. Not every homeopathic formula is equal in strength or effectiveness. That’s why it’s best to buy from names you trust, read reviews, and look for assurances of product strength and efficacy (such as independent testing or trials). You can waste a lot of money on products labeled homeopathic that don’t work.
- Homeopathic formulas may require multiple doses a day. Many of the most effective homeopathic formulas will require you to use the product multiple times a day. If you’re used to just popping a single pill in the morning, it may take some time to get into the habit of remembering to dose at lunchtime, in the afternoon, or before bed. The good news is—the added dosing will help your product work well. But, for some, it can be hard to remember those additional dosages. Set a reminder on your phone so you don’t skip a dose and you can easily overcome this challenge.
You can determine for yourself if homeopathy is right for you–but as you can see from the list above–there are many reasons you may want to give it a try! If you’re ready to see if homeopathic formulas will work for you—here are a few proven, safe, effective, and natural products to try.